Sunday, July 3, 2011

While the Kids are Away.....


I was stuck working the weekend. So, the kiddos headed up North with my Hubby and got to spend some time alone. Which is a great thing for a little while at least. I kept myself pretty buzy so I haven't really had time to sulk too much about missing out on all the summer fun in the U.P. ( Upper Peninsula of Michigan for you non-Michiganders)

I did a little organizing in my Craft Room/Mom Cave
Fabric and yarn organize in hanging closet organizers that I got from a friend for free.....brilliant :)
Decided to do a little furniture painting.....cuz anyone with little kids knows you can't paint without getting "help" from them.

I used some primer and some paint that we had around from when moved in and painted. Picked two pieces to do.
My little sewing machine table that I got from my Mom that she got from a school auction. It used to be in the Home Education room where I went to high school.



 My goodwill bookshelf. I think I paid 2 bucks for.



I used a blue called Caribbean Breeze. I think it turned out very Shabby Chic with the primer underneath...no need for a second coat. Not exactly sure where I am going to put this but I will post pictures later.



Finished Product.. Gotta do something bout the stool. Slip cover perhaps??
Here's a great tip for when you are storing paint: Keep some in a little jar for touch ups/small projects. Just saying this because it took me a long time get the lid off that gallon of paint.



Total Cost: 2 bucks!


Have a great Forth of July Everybody!

Linking up to Frugal Friday:
The Shabby Nest

and Metamorpheis Monday


Between Naps on the Porch








2 comments:

  1. looks good jackie!
    wait til you see the storage ottoman mark trash picked for me that i just recovered. the ottoman was NEW ....just the material on it was dusty and one dirty spot...i totally fixed that!
    a little alone time does one good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy 4th!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete