Thursday, August 25, 2011

Up North

I got a week off work and since it's the last week of summer before my oldest starts school ( yeah, I am going to the Mom of a kindergartner!) the kids and I went camping with the in laws in the UP (otherwise known as the upper peninsula of Michigan). Lucky for us we didn't have to rough it too much because they have a trailer. The lake was perfect. It's really shallow like less the 3 feet for probably 200 ft out, so the kiddos just play and play and I get to lay out and a read a book :)

Here is a picture of the most beautiful sunset over the lake.

I had the day off today and the sewing machine was calling my name. I got a bunch of fabric from a garage sale to add to my stash and I was super excited to try a little quilting. I saw a really cute bag on the internet here that I used for inspiration
http://www.onestopbabygifts.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-red-dazzle-rag-bag-being-sold-on.html
I don't have one of the cool machines for cutting fabric like she has....kinda jealous. Well here is my creation. I reused an old robe I found at goodwill for the handle. So it's my own little upcycle creation. I learned quite a bit putting it together and can't wait to start up some more quilting projects :)



Fabulously Frugal.....quilting fabric 3 for a 1, handle...free, liner cloth from stash, the only thing I bought was the bating.

Linking up at
The Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment