Monday, August 1, 2011

Upcycle

After a nice long vacation and a long drive back to Wisconsin from Pennsylvania. We are starting to settle back in to our routine. Back to work tomorrow....but today I got some crafting in while the kids were napping. I made an up-cycled purse made from a shirt I found a garage sale. I got the shirt in a bag full of clothes for 5 bucks plus the money went to a daycare. I got the handle at JoAnn Fabrics and the lining fabric from the remnant bin at Wal-Mart. Shirt Before:


Shirt After:

Isn't she a good Model :)

It's even reversible


I plan on embellishing it with the fabric flowers I made in a previous post

Here is a link to a post I used for inspiration. Scratch that I can't get it too work. I used the Shirt Sleeve Bag Tutorial at www.gwennypenny.com

I also wanted to reuse a Starbucks frappuccino bottle I had for a flower vase to put the beautiful black eyed Susans that are blooming right now.
I just used a little rustoleum spray paint. I think it turned out pretty cute. I love black eyed susans and purple cone flowers.
sharing at


and
/>

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with that purse. Thanks for sharing!

    I am visiting from WFMW. It is nice to "meet" you. Stop by and say hi anytime - LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete