Monday, September 12, 2011

MMMMmmmm…..homemade Salsa and Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins


Used up some yummy tomatoes from my grandpa's garden and some peppers from my Mom to make some Fresh Salsa. I love me some chips n salsa. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I just used a Mrs Wages Mix I picked up at the grocery store and followed the directions. You scald the tomatoes in boiling water for 3 mins then put them in a bowl of cold water. It makes the skin come right off easy as pie. Then I chopped everything up mixed the dry Mrs Wages Mix in and put it in a few containers for the freezer and one for fresh salsa now. You can keep the salsa in the freezer for up to a year. Much easier then trying to can it in my opinion.


 



 

I also baked up a big batch of muffins using a zucchini I picked up at a produce stand. They are super good



 


 

I included the recipe if you wanna try them too.


 


 

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins


 

1-1/2 cups flour

¾ cup sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

½ tsp. salt

1 egg, lightly beaten

½ cup vegetable oil

¼ cup milk

1 T. lemon juice

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup shredded Zucchini

¼ cup semi sweet miniature chocolate chips

¼ cup chopped walnuts

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done. Makes 1 dozen.


 

    


 

In other news….Owen is still holding on that tooth and he has another one that is loose. I just can't get him to wiggle it out. The dentist thought it would be better just to let it fall out on it's own.



Sharing aT



and

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Your recipe looks really good! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared this recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete