Sunday, June 19, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training

I don't believe these things work. They are just diapers that they can pull off!



Audrey is going to be Three in close to three months. You know what that means?....She really needs to get back on the potty training wagon. I admit I have been a slacker and let get away with wearing diapers simply because I don't want to clean up the accidents. I mean it felt like I just got done training her big brother. Can't a woman take a break? I was super pumped when she started to go on the potty when her brother went when she was only 18 months......so I thought this was going to be a breeze. Maybe she would just train herself? You know how people say when they are that are young it's just the parents that are trained. Right, that's what I told myself anyway and now I have a little girl who is going to be even harder to train because she has developed an attitude.

So, here is what the potty training experts out there have said
1. Let them run around buck naked and wet themselves.
        Been there, she doesn't care much. Just gets changed and does it again while Mama has another rug to clean and a load of laudry to do. (again the lazy part ) Oh yeah and they suggest to do this outside in the summer. I am sorry I am not going to have a bare naked kid runnig around my yard. No matter how cute her little butt is :)

2. Bribe them with M and M's, skittles, stickers or whatnot.
     She likes the reward don't get me wrong. But then again maybe it's just me being lazy and not being consistant. Currently we are trying a big bribe. She gets rid of diapers we get a kitty. Oh boy what I am getting myself into here.

3. Special Big Girl Panties
   She loves her princess and dora panties but that doesn't stop her from doing her business in them. Have you ever cleaned out underware after a number 2?......gross


I just have to say it's really hard to be a working Mom trying to get your kids potty trained. They need to consistently go on the potty to learn I think but on the other hand I don't think it's really the babysitters job to potty train either.

I guess I just have to have faith that I have done it once and I can do it again.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment