Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our New Ride.....Fuel Economy for a Family

I got a new car! My old car was a Buick Rendezvous and I loved it. It was the perfect size for us and got decent MPG. However, it was getting up there in the miles and needed a few repairs.....mirror, shocks, etc.

I also am not a mini van Mom....they are nice for larger families but we are not ready to go there yet. Two is about all I can handle. Rule #1: No Mini Van



Being environmentally consious....more like trying to be economical these days with 4 dollar gas...my husband and I wanted something with really good MPG. I also didn't want to spend over 20,000 on a car. We though about the hybrids. But, since they are all high priced and according the some article my husband read they don't perform as well fuel effeciant wise in the winter. Not good for us since winter lasts at least 5 months a year here in Northern Wisconsin.







So, with a little research we found the Toyota Corolla and took it for a test drive with the kids along. Good tactic for getting in and out of the dealership :) I also suggest it to make sure their is room for the car seats. The corolla was a great roomy ride. Very quiet and smooth over the giant potholes that are also common place in Wisconsin. Good resale value nice car overall.
Next, we decided to drive the  Hyudai Sonata. I was wowed, it looked really cool on the inside compared to the plain Jane Corolla interior. Also I am really impressed with the engine performance. It does not drive like a four cylinder at all! Watch out for this Mama! The one we found is indigo blue....really dark blue almost purple. I love the color and so does princess Audi. I am a little worried about the roominess but am willing to sacrifice that for the money savings we will get from the fuel economy and the bigger SUV types are out of the price range right now.
Owen's last day of 4-K . Fell asleep at 6:45 hasn't moved yet. We can't believe how much he has grown in the past year! We love the 4 K program!







2 comments:

  1. You are the best mom and wife a man could ever ask for. I love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so amazing how much owen looks like brad!

    ReplyDelete