Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lessons from a five year old

5 years ago today I stood up go get some ice cream with my husband and Mother in Law and my water broke. I was so excited....this was it!  I was finally going to meet the little guy that was living inside me for the past nine months. I went into motherhood pretty naive....none of my friends had babies, in fact I had no idea what I was in for. What an adventure it was.....when I look back I am pretty sure I am glad nobody filled me in on what childbirth was really going to be like otherwise I don't think I could have done it! As the sun came up after the longest day of the year (it really was the longest day of the year, it was the summer solstice) Owen entered the world. He has been teaching me lessons ever since.

1. Patience
I thought I was a patient person before he was born. He has been testing me ever since.

2. Relationships are what matters.
Owen is always looking for a new friend everywhere he goes. No matter how mad he gets at me or anyone he is too young to hold a grudge. He loves ya no matter what.

3. Have confidence and Trust that everything is going to be all right.
Owen dives into everything head first with enthusiasm. Well almost everything, he does have a stubborn streak and needs some prodding now and then.



Owen's Self Portrait
Love Ya Son.....Happy 5th Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment