Monday, June 13, 2011

Batch Cooking

So...I love summer! We are super buzy this summer with swim lessons, soccer, volleyball, and just plain being outside enjoying the long days. The last thing I wanna do is come home from work and be in the kitchen. So, to speed up the time in the kitchen I am trying a concept I found on another blog called Batch Cooking. Basically I just cook a whole bunch of stuff at one time and freeze the rest. This hopefully will clear up some cooking/clean up time for fun time during the week. It's also a good way to be frugal, I bought a 5.5 lb package of ground beef for around 10 bucks and I stay away from take out or eating out.

This Week I Made:

A loaf of French Toast: It freezes really well and I love me some Brinner.....breakfast for dinner :)
Bacon
Hulled two pints of Strawberries
Taco Meat
Spaghetti Sauce
Lasagna
An Overnight Blueberry French Toast bake recipe that I wanted to try. (yes I really like french toast)
I was going to make Banana Bread but I didn't get to it....I was too tired


My little Helper Chef Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment