Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garage Sale Love

A nearby community is having community garage sales tomorrow and I am excited to get my hands on some bargains aka treasures. As in "one man's junk is a another man's treasure". Here are some past treasures I have found.

Super cute dress for 2 dollars!




I have also held a few garage sales myself. Here are some tips for a successful garage sale.

  1. Hold your sale during a community or nieghborhood sale. You will get tons more foot traffic=more sales. If you are going to put forth the effort of setting up a sale you want to sell as much as possible and this is the easiest way
  2. Use a Dot system to label items. When I had my sale I had tons of baby/kids clothes. People like to have the prices on items so to save time I used a system of colored dots. Yellow=25 cents, Pink=50 cents, Orange=1 dollar. Then you just put up some signs to explain the colors. Or, if you are really code with making labels off your computer you just make a bunch of labels. If you do this you can also add initials. Which is great if you are having a multi-family sale
  3. Advertise- Craigslist, Newspaper, etc
  4. Signage- Make sure there are good signs pointing people to your sale
  5. Put some bigger items outside....this attracts the drive by garage salers to come in.
  6. Have food/drinks. I haven't tried this but I have read/heard of other people having success with it. Get the kiddos involved, have sell lemonade and cookies. Who can resist that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment